Seiten

03.03.2017

The best Oatmeal Mix

Hey there guys,
today I wanted to share this amazing oatmeal/porridge mix with you. 
This mix makes the most amazing and creamy oatmeal which is probably why I've been eating it for breakfast pretty much everyday!!

I came up with this recipe because I mixed all the ingredients every morning again and again and you know
... ain't nobody got time for that!


Ingredients: 
                       2       cups    rolled oats (I use spelt oats)
                                  1 1/2 cups   quick oats
                                  1/3    cup    ground almonds
                                  2        tsp     ground cinnamon
                                  2        tbsp   coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
                                  1/4    tsp     ground ginger
                                  1/2    tsp     ground vanilla bean
                                  pinch of      salt





There really aren't any other instructions then mixing all the ingredients well and storing the mix in an airtight container.


How to make the actual oatmeal: 

So basically all I do is measure out 1/2 cup of the mix
                                                                1/2 cup of almond milk
                                                                1/2 cup of water

Than just bring this to a simmer and cook it for about 10 minutes or until it has a creamy consistency.



I normally just keep it plain and top it with some fresh fruit and chia seeds, cocoa nibs and  any nut butter


If I crave something even more indulgent I'll go for this chocolaty version for which I just add 2 tsp of raw cacao powder and some maple syrup whilst cooking


Sometimes if I have more time I'll add chopped apples to the saucepan and some more cinnamon for an apple cinnamon version

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do

xxx
Claire

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen